Saturday, September 1, 2012

Road trip. 3 kids, 2 adults, 9 countries, 168 hours


So here's the story....

We all had the flu over the weekend up until literally a few hours before we left for our trip through the Uk to promote Transform.  We ended up leaving in the middle of the night (hoping the kids would go back to sleep for the first leg, they didn't).  Being the responsible mom that I am (although not the most responsible person in my family;). I picked up my wallet to pack and thought I should check that I have all the documents we need.  German Visa's -check, German drivers license -check, all 5 of our social insurance cards- check(you know for that emergency.) We left the house and were on the raod.

 After driving a day and sleeping in Brussels we headed to make our Ferry reservations to enter the UK.  Troy looks at me with a white face and says, "Michelle we forgot our passports."

Oh what is one to do?  There are many 4 letter words to use here.  However, I believe there is one right one.

PRAY

We were turned down at the Ferry.  They said they absolutely needed our passports and there was nothing they could do for us.  (Just to give you a glimpse of car life Fletcher was starting to pee in his pants and I had to throw away Kaleah's whole outfit because she pooped through it so bad.)

 BUT...
 there is more than one ferry and more than one way across this ocean.  The next stop was the tunnel.  They make you buy the ticket first and then show your passports, so we bought our ticket in faith.  The guy in charge heard our story and told us "not to get our hopes up that they would never let people through with out their passports."

 But I prayed.  And the Lord heard.  And He had mercy.

The man came back and said "I don't believe it they said you could enter the UK." 

I said "I believe it!"

So in a matter of minuets we were on the train and 2 miles under the ocean.  Wow. (don't worry we now have our passports in hand thank you Gary Witherall for overnighting them to us!)

So tonight I sit here 2 miles outside of Wales and I ponder the wonderful works of my God. I am amazed by Him and the Spirit beckons me to praise. 

Psalm 48
"Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise."

1 comment:

  1. We are happy for you! Enjoy your time together. Praise God for his goodness! I love you all

    ReplyDelete