Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Lord: my Rock and my Redeemer

 You never know what the day is going to hold at that first hour.  But then again there are days that the day unfolds before you open your eyes.... these was one of those days.  I sent Troy off for a farwell surfing weekend with his friends.  I always miss him when he is gone, he is my rock and can often be a place I find stregth.  The times he leaves are bitter sweet because I find myself missing hm but relying on the Lord in new ways. ( which I always like) !! this morning however was one I was not expecting.  There have been at least 12 transitions out little family has been going through these last few weeks and I do believe they are catching up with all of us.  But mainly my kids. The hour begins in tears and ends in tears and a little bit of soap in one of my kids' mouths (you can probably guess).  The next hour is the same but this time all three of us in tears.  We are all three praying multiple times throughout each hour.  Why is it so hard, why is there no immediate change.....Then I am led to John 15 "I am the Vine and My Father is the Gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." We are fruitbearers, we live surrendered lives, we want to be fruitful.  Cut away my Lord, my Gardener, cut away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment